Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Amtec

It's all about pride in a job done right. I was down in Fla, at the Kissimee court house picking up some paper work years ago and of course I had a line in front of me so I sat out in the hall way, well I noticed this old black man buffing the hall way floor, he had to be about 70 and had probably worked there his whole life and the more I watched the more amazing he became. There were a couple people sitting on the hall way bench sound asleep and that old guy could take that buffer and work it under the bench, underneath the legs, around peoples feet effortlessly, he was almost invisible. He'd probably been running that old buffer since it came new in the box and you know he wasn't making much money, it was all about a job done right. That was HIS hallway and you could almost feel the pride as he worked.
Sadly it's a trait that's becoming rare these days, everyone is in such a big hurry to git r done that the men that do take the extra time to get it right are pushed to the side, you are judged by #'s by some number crunching fool up in a cubical somewhere breaking down spread sheets. Every time that I feel like I'm bending to the whims of some pencil pushing manager I think of that old black down there in Fla and it snaps me right out of it. And as Gary said it doesn't matter where you stand in this business, it's all about doing your job the very best that you can, there are a few out there that BS their way around this industry but in the end the lord knows all, just an opinion.
it's easyer to ask for forgiveness than permission
This is CABL.com posting #204377. Tiny Link: cabl.co/m1kz
Posted in reply to: Re: Amtec by Gary Vest
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Amtec hootie hoot 12/2/2007 1:01:00 PM