Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Amtec

I figured everybody would kick my butt, but well nobody pays me no mind haha. But my intent was to make a lineman or splicers job sound simple. It is not, I have done both. However that attitude is how most lineman treat installation techs.
It isnt just installing any more you know. Most lineman as skilled as they are wouldnt know where to begin with a real install in todays market. And I would bet most would have a hell of a time trying to install a customer with high speed internet, routers, multi room dvr service, security cameras, telephone. Make everything work, train the customer how to use it, and do it 6 more times today. I am not an installer and have not been in many years, but I respect the ones who take pride in there work.
I dont think that any of our jobs would matter much without the other guy doing his job.
Everybody wants respect for the position they work hard to perform. There isnt any rocket science here in our industry but I bet a rocket scientist would have a hell of a time hanging cable.
You know it wouldnt hurt to stop your T40 the next time you pass an installer and spend 30 minutes helping him hang a drop, maybe you might learn something, or maybe you can teach him something. Ok so my point is, You are not a better man because you hang cable, or install it, or build head ends, or any other position. so dont be a dick and try to take the pride of another man because of the position in this industry he works in.
This is CABL.com posting #204333. Tiny Link: cabl.co/m1jR
Posted in reply to: Re: Amtec by danimal
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Amtec Gary Vest 12/2/2007 9:13:00 AM