Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: spark plugs

I hope you'll forgive me but... I haven't been on this website in years so I decided to visit it and I came across your post about "Spark Plugs"

... so I apologize in advance if your inquiry has already been answered

if you're referring to a test probe for tracking down "ingress" we use a product manufactured by "Corning Gilbert." We commonly refer to it as a "Spark Plug" but in the Corning Gilbert catalog they refer to it as a " "F" Female Test Adapter." (Part Number NS-9178-1).

I saw a contractor using one years ago ( a couple months before we launched "return") this contractor was part of a crew that was certifying our plant for return and he advised me to either try and get the company to invest in some...... or buy them myself, because (as he put it) "I sure will be using em" and was he ever right...

I spent money out of my own pocket (or should I say "worked through lunch money" Wink-Wink) and bought two... somewhere around $50 a piece as I recall...... then when all the other guys saw what I had they started complaining to the higher-ups and our company started ordering them as part of our tool issue. Anyway..... here's the link below... hope this helps

http://www.corning.com/corninggilbert/products__services/broadband/catalog/frame_broadband_catalog_2.asp?PageTitle=Corning+Gilbert+Broadband+Catalog&BodyURL=%2Fcorninggilbert%2Fpdf%2FSpecialty%5FConnectors%2Epdf

This is CABL.com posting #204283. Tiny Link: cabl.co/m1i3
Posted in reply to: spark plugs by sab3r
There are 0 replies to this message