Create your free account now! Sign up

Re:Whatever happened to line dogs??

>I'm not sure what kinda folks ya'll have been working with or better yet who your working for but I have not had more than one out of ten people in my crew who did not hook poles every day, all day if required. Of course I do drug screening and backround checks before I hire. I have seen plenty of other crews with the usual bunch of crack/pot smoking losers that dont own hooks and would'nt use 'em if they had 'em, but the better employee pools have hook'n folk running all day long. I've earned a masters in engineering and I hook all day long if its faster, which it almost always is! Only been in the buisness for four years and in the top 1% of the money without a doubt, whats the big deal? Its just CABLE folks! Your not super-heros! Your either moving up......or moving into obsolesence! Learn to hook! Everyone in this field seems to think there is something mystical about the work we all do, look around yourselves! Most of the people in this buisness caught a break and became self-important because they know lots of folks who have not caught a break yet and they chalk up there worth in the fact that there special! Your not special! Your lucky and you happened to need the money at the time so you learned enough to get by! Well lets try something NEW! Go out of your way to improve! Do the right thing! Leave it cleaner than when you got there! Learn to use hooks to get the job done! And "for pete sakes" shower, shave, and lay down the crack pipe and bong until your vacation! Jeans with holes in them have not been cool since that FAG George Micheal was in style(1980)! ;thats 20 years ago to for all the slow people.
>

Said so well and right to the point !!!
This is CABL.com posting #20281. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mfrh
Posted in reply to: Re:Whatever happened to line dogs?? by mentaltelemetry
There are 0 replies to this message