Create your free account now! Sign up

Teleco.........Proceed at your own risk......

I am a hard working Installer....5 to 6 installs every day....my previous experience was 22 years as a Financial Services professional....Stockbroker/Financial Planner. I don't drive a fender flapping pick up...I give great customer service....do the jobs and close them properly. No service in 30 or 60 or 90....and never a past open. I work too hard not to get paid. I believe in doing it right the first time. Its ironic that when I went to work for teleco....my immediate past employment was 4 years with Premier Communications...they lured me with...." install company started by techs and for techs" sounded good....as bad as Premier was....at least when I had a payroll problem there was some recourse.....the owner...Mark....is a micro manager that makes poor decisions....there are few people if any that can act without his authority.....shouldn't a person in payroll be able to tell you when to expect your check or how much it is or even provide a complete and accurate breakdown of expenses and jobs ?
Shouldn't a reasonable person expect a paycheck on the designated date? If a family/ personal crisis happens mid week....should that affect the delivery of an installers paycheck?
If you do a job....close a job.....shouldn't you be paid on that job? Regardless if they have gotten paid from the HSP? My contract was with Teleco....not the HSP.....it is not up to the Installer to make sure the HSP pays Teleco....I signed a contract with pay codes for swaps...new outlets and relocates for upgrades....however...on each UPGRADE....no matter how much work you did you only got paid a fixed $ 30.......I was told that that is all that Ironwood paid....maybe so....but my contract with Teleco states otherwise. The Installers contract is with the subcontractor Teleco.....not Ironwood .
I also was not reimbursed properly for a 9 day stay at a Motel on a verbally agreed upon rate.
I was properly charged for two other times. So I guess the standard operating procedure is " let's just screw them a little"....it's kind of asking "would you like fries with that"?
Well I am out $ 400...I know that is know where close to the other horror stories out there....but it is still $ 400 and if it was only $ 20....it's still not right. A person has the reasonable expection of being compensated when they have fulfilled their end of the agreement. I guess the distance of 1,000 miles and not being able to look a person in the eye gives them the confidence and security of doing what ever they feel like when it comes to payment. I did give them ample time to try to clear this matter up.....I also said I would post here....not my style....but I have to have a little satisfaction.....say $ 400 worth...
My advice: Deal only with people that are "close".....you can "find" them when there is a problem. Any one can say they are honest....actions are what are important. This industry has all kinds of problems....mostly DirecTV....they are just getting nuts...but we sure don't need Sub contractors claiming to be "for the installer"....lure them in....and not compensate them fairly and accurately.

Sincerely,

Rob Orton

This is CABL.com posting #201878. Tiny Link: cabl.co/m0Gg
Posted in reply to: Teleco Install by sumahit
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: Teleco.........Proceed at your own risk...... jeffteleco 11/5/2007 8:50:00 PM
Re: Teleco.........Proceed at your own risk...... flynharry 11/3/2007 7:24:00 PM