Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Tech.

Installers never really started calling themselves techs, the cable companies started callin' 'em that. I took an install gig after several yrs of avoiding it like the plague, splicing work had all but shut down, had to do something... anyhoo, the company I went to work with was callin the installers "techs"... I snickered a bit for a while and eventually came to laugh out loud every time I heard it... but nonetheless, I was one of 'em like it or not.
A few yrs down the road the stark reality strikes!
The local big as shit MSO here is now requiring that installers be equipped with a $3,200.00 "D-SAM" meter ( I think that's what it's called, I'm out of the biz again but I keep an eye on it) thus making them responsible to not only troubleshoot coax from tap to house but to even go so far as to do SOME plant troubleshooting... just what ya need eh? AND to add insult to insult, the MSO gave up a whopping 3% increase in the contract pay!!! WHOOPDEFUCKINDOO!!
Dont bash the installer for callin himself a tech... they kinda forcin 'em to be one whether they like it or not...
This is CABL.com posting #201304. Tiny Link: cabl.co/m0w0
Posted in reply to: Tech. by 1brikshyvtwin
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Tech. 1brikshyvtwin 10/29/2007 6:04:00 AM