Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: magnavox\probe

I am not sure what type amplifier or testpoint you looking for.

I would guess that you have TNA/GNA 750MHz "B" or "D" version since it is the most common. These particular modules had a -20dB coupled testpoint common ONLY the the forward side of the diplexer. There was a "probe" that was made special that was a "quick fix" that was actually a flop but it did work (sometimes) when it did not fail due to its construction. It was called the "STS Probe". It temporarily replaced the seizure screw mechanism on any of the module ports and was -20dB resistive. For ingress isolation it served its purpose, but it mainly was used for reverse injection due to the diplex configuration of the amplifier. For reverse injection, an external tap was the best option. Unfortunately, it was a poor design for the module to isolate ingress/noise because of the testpoint issues.

There were many versions of GNA/TNA over the years and all are unique and have different procedures for isolation due to the constant change in engineering design. I used to work for Philips / Magnavox , feel free to call or e-mail me and I can help you or suggest what to do if you like.

Good luck!
This is CABL.com posting #201195. Tiny Link: cabl.co/m0vf
Posted in reply to: magnavox\probe by cablek9
There are 0 replies to this message