Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: dtv or cable

I would like to say you make what you put into it..I work many many many hours a week. On Tuesday and Thursdays I am lucky if I get home before 10 or 11. I install in MS sometimes 200 hundred miles one way from my house..Nothing better to punch in " go home" on the gps and it says hold on, it's a three hour drive...The rates these days suck a big one..About a month ago..I completed 37 jobs in one 6 day work week, and got a check for $2,300...Now, in the old days that would of been an easy $4,000...Times have changed and the competition with low balling techs have made this industry a joke...The HSP's in DTV are a lot of the blame.They train guys in one week, they get mad.. leave..think they are an installer..Joe Blow runs add for 50/10 and they are taking it..Mega Tek in Memphis pays 50/10 you supply all of the drop material? WTH is that...These two contracting companies in Memphis are actually ran by fired former contractors through DirecTech..How in God's name can a man be fired one day , just to get a contract for 30 installs a day the next...and from the same people who fired him...As soon as all of the crooks and thieves are cleared out , it will be time for making good money again..As far as which is best..I believe who ever pays on time every time would be the best...It's all the same, it's residential installations....Routing cable from one point to next...Just make sure you get paid...
This is CABL.com posting #200080. Tiny Link: cabl.co/m0dg
Posted in reply to: Re: dtv or cable by triplesec
There are 0 replies to this message