Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: getting a contract

You know, I've fought for our country too, in the Marine Corps, infantry. But, I still know proper spelling, grammar and punctuation, and unless you are able to acquire those skills, no one will take you seriously. You can be Johnny Top Gun when it comes to your job, but if you want to be the boss, the head honcho, the top dog with your own contract, you will have to learn how to be professional along with that. And if you dont want to, or just cant, then hire someone - like a lawyer.

Let me give you an example, say you're a corporate manager for Best Buy or Circuit City, and someone sends you a proposal in all lower case, with no punctuation, and the cover sheet says, "were good installers you should hire us to do your home theater installs because we do a lot of them and weve got good skills" Would you hire that group to represent you?

It was then that Caroline remembered her kitchen back in Montana, with a stove that she might or might not have turned off, and so with a heavy sigh, she put down the penguin.
This is CABL.com posting #199733. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mZ7F
Posted in reply to: Re: getting a contract by davesav
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: getting a contract KODIAKSQ 10/7/2007 2:50:00 PM
Re: getting a contract 1brikshyvtwin 10/6/2007 10:53:00 PM
Re: getting a contract hootie hoot 10/6/2007 10:36:00 PM