Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: I need a beer

I work hard but I play harder.... The company I work for does not pay for being oncall. But they do give Compdays. I make the oncall schedule and we rotate it daily Mon - Thurs between 3 of us and then every 3rd weekend. So at most you'll on call for 3 days in a row. Every weekend you are on call you get a compday. That gives me 17 compdays a year. I also get 15 days of vacation and 10 sick days. If I don't use the vacation or sick days I get paid for them at the end of the year. So with up to 32 days off a year and air fairs to PI and Thailand running $300 to 400 round trip I have both the time and the money to have my fun. I take a week to 10 days every 3 months or so and stay away from anything cable.
When I do work my day starts at 04:30 to 18:00 M-F not counting the 4 to 5 hours a day I put in on Sat and Sun to make sure everything for the next week is going to go as scheduled, plus the
2 to 3 hours I spend on line and on the phone with the corporate office in the states after I get home at night.
So to answer your question Yes I do work sometimes......
Speaking of work I got to go inspect a new conduit run they are installing.

You all have a good one.
If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking.
This is CABL.com posting #199051. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mZWF
Posted in reply to: Re: I need a beer by cablepro222000
There are 0 replies to this message