Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Magnavox

The draw will vary depending on if you are running 60VAC or 90VAC on both. You are safe at .75A per LE with return.

Since I do not know what type of 550-MHz amplifiers you are running, I can not give exact info. Magnavox/Philips had GNA/TNA and Mainstations (motherboard with independent modules).

The GNA/TNA stations had 2 types of return amplifiers (4-LER/single-ended and 5-LER/hybrid). Amp draw again will vary depending on your combo.

If you are running the older 7-PS DC power supply, you will need to adjust the voltage card for proper regulation USING A TRUE RMS VOLTMETER. The 8-PS and newer versions will be automatically regulated with the proper AC input window range. The Mainstations depending if you were using PP, PHD or FF modules, single or dual bridgers and/or an AGC/ASC module along with the 5-RT/5-RTC return module will all add to the current draw.

Sorry I can not be specific, but as you can see, there are many variables. Philips Broadband was notirious for listing power consumption in "wattage" and not in amp draw in their spec sheets. This was done because of the different AC voltages (60-75-90VAC) that were available in the industry.

If I can be of further assistance, please call.

Greg Tobin
(314) 422-4423

This is CABL.com posting #198543. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mZOt
Posted in reply to: Magnavox by cabler1
There are 0 replies to this message