Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: West Palm, FL

Almost 95% easement in West Palm Beach from what I saw. Many of the poles that I saw were covered in overgrowth from weeds, vines and palm trees and many behind fences and gates...and that was if you could see them in the hood areas. At night the area is like West Los Angeles, so, have plenty of body guards or habla rapida para tu vida!

West Palm may be different...do not know if that is the same place or not. Traffic is terrible (everywhere from Port Saint Lucie to Miami) and the hotels are like a minimum of $100/night without weekly rates, unless you stay in the next county north...then you will have at least an hour or 2 of bumper to bumper traffic. Traffic is outragous and expect to spend at least $150 in gas every other day (if you drive a bucket truck) if you have to commute to where the hotels are cheap..unless you rent locally or luck out.

I have known many who were there and between the heat, traffic, easements, cost-of-living and INSURANCE REQUIREMENTS, this could be a costly venture. West Palm Beach is not what most people think of Florida to be. Ask around. Definately the hood.

I do not intend this to scare you or any one off, but this may help you make a good decision. Don't want to see anyone get burned or burned out.
This is CABL.com posting #198075. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mZGV
Posted in reply to: West Palm, FL by jnw59
There are 0 replies to this message