Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: 1099 employeee

I’m not sure of what your situation is but the only difference in being in-house or 1099 is who takes care of the liabilities when it comes to taxes. And for that matter some times you are better off because you know when you pay them they are getting done.

A 1099 contractor is an independent contractor required to have contracts for each project they are on, Worker comp, Liability insurance and handle there own taxes. In some states a contractor’s license is required depending on the size and scope of work.

The difference in tax liability comes into play depending on the type of company you form. If you are a sole proprietor your profit is taxed as income ad you pay your taxes quarterly as any employer would. If you start an LLC to protect your personal assets and you are the only owner of the LLC you are taxed the same way. Once you form a partnership or corporation then the tax structure becomes more complex.

I could go into more detail but I don’t know if any one really wants to go into that detail here.

(wave)
This is CABL.com posting #197927. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mZEx
Posted in reply to: 1099 employeee by captaincoax
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: 1099 employeee KODIAKSQ 9/9/2007 1:44:00 PM
Re: 1099 employeee bushmaster 9/8/2007 7:37:00 AM