Create your free account now! Sign up

Pennsylvania

i dont usually say much but i just have to let my line brothers know ................stay off of the Philadelphia fios project ..........i have been on it going on my 3 rd month now and it is surely the worst joke of the year you are hearing and have heard all the hipe ......................everyone has or is leaving from here as soon as they can get out ...........you can make 1500 and up on this gig .but ..........thats only if you pull 12 to 15 hrs a day in the field 7 days a week...........................that means if you go to work at 6 and get off at 9 putting you in around midnight you can make a living .........but still not a good one..........hotels here are 300 to 500 a week ...........40 miles out of town .......smokes are going to hit you somewhere around 45 to 50 $ a carton and a soda anywhere besides mc d,s is around 2.50.........all these rates are outside the city where a pack of marlboro is 7$after expenses you Will be looking at 600 to 800$ a week and thats if you pull 70 to 90 hrs a week and you can figure it closer to 90 ...........like working two jobs ........each one for about 9 or 10$ an hr .............there is no experience here either at least not that i have seen ...........i have met one lineman here with i think around 7 yrs ................there are no specs to speak of except for the type of bolts used at each attachment ......boxing poles ........a clear NESC violation is done on a whim here ........you dont follow anything here no body cares ......but .........be sure your bolt is dead on the money.........you will be changing it .................the people are unfriendly ......and i dont think they teach driving skills at all up here.................you get prints here however they come up .........hell ........you might have another contractor pulling pipe off of the same print you have in your hand ....................the bonding is ridiculous ............as are the overhead guys .the engineering as a hole on this project is by far the worst i have ever seen.........if you do decid to venture to this thing they call fios..........bring your own help or you WILL get an hourly ground hand that can only work if you tell himwhat to do ..........cant do a damn thing without telling them then they still dont know what to do ....lol and remember your hourly guy gets OT after 40 hrs...........a ground hand here makes 15 to 20 $ an hour too.........a lineman by the hour here makes the same thing .............last but definatly not least ...........IF YOU AINT GOT COMCAST YOU AINT GOT SQUAT ................CATV RULES
This is CABL.com posting #197918. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mZEo
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Pennsylvania jaym812 9/8/2007 2:53:00 PM
Re: Pennsylvania 1brikshyvtwin 9/7/2007 10:09:00 PM