Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Quality Control Following Me!

When I started in the business My first position was QC. Management's reason for that was they wanted someone who did not know the cable tricks or the techs. The idiot that trained me didn't know Jack. I read the entire install manual NEC code pertaining to cable TV and then rode with some of the best techs in the business. From reading and actually seeing how it is supposed to be done I was then unofficially certified by and inhouse trainer and my neighbor. After doing this I instantly learned to respect the tech foremost. I also realised that a lot of guys did not know the rules and management was ok with that because the backcharges paid my salary. That is where I lost interest in the job. I also found out that my supervisor was stealing my turn ins for himself and falsifying QC's and blaming the backcharges on me. I earned the guys trust by being there on pay day with the spreadsheet and pics. If I was wrong like when the check in put the wrong tech number on immediately took it into payroll and showed them the error. When me and management came to the agreement that between the feud with my supervisor and always fixing escalations I would go into the field. I felt the weight come off my shoulders. The new QC guy came in and actually did sabotage and lie on the techs. The few that were actually hacks and hated me said they wanted me back.
I caught the sob in a meeting red handed when he said that he caught me and two other guys with no tags in MDUs. I told him to show me pics. There was none. Then showed him the pics of that job. I asked him where his key was for the lock boxes on our backcharged buildings he show me a star key when the key needed was a DX key. He never messed with me again and kept my QC's for his fridays until he got fired. An inhouse supervisor blamed me for running aerial to underground without authorization. I showed pics that he was at the wrong trailer and sent him an email saying to get out of his truck. When my supervisor confronted him they almost went to blows.
This is CABL.com posting #196453. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mZgL
Posted in reply to: Re: Quality Control Following Me! by cablemn86
There are 0 replies to this message