Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Rate increase for night work?

NO! my solution was to park my truck. F-em I don't work like that. Too bad others will not do the same we need to stick together on issues such as this. It takes extra time, fuel and I demand extra pay. I was real pissed when they said to be there at midnight for a 1am cut that might take 10 minutes cause it is just a s/s on the trunk. I would go at 4:45 am and start the next job early. When I did go at 1am and they were there iI would drag it out as long as possible to keep them out there too..their bosses gave them h*ll over that and I was less likely to be on the next night cut as a punishment of sorts haha! Do not forget that strange illness begins about that time of the night just after you cut out the old node HaHa now that was a fun night to hear about later on in the day!!

Be creative in these situations you may be deemed unreliable at night the day jobs will still continue. Problem is that they will still need you at night even if they think you are too slow or always sick or "you were supposed to bring the parts" the pay will never get better, they think you get too much already. Dont worry, they have all the coring tools, amps, splitters, connectors, drill batteries, FLASHLIGHTS, etc (moon)you "lost" it might just take them awhile to find theirs in the dark too
This is CABL.com posting #196384. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mZfE
Posted in reply to: Rate increase for night work? by cablecommando
There are 0 replies to this message