Create your free account now! Sign up

A lunatic on the Job

Have ever worked with a person whom you were convinced was a lunatic. I used to work with a guy called "Bill" that was the strangest man I have ever met. Every one said that the brother was shell shocked. One day he went to a job and needed to replace the arial drop. He proceeds to cut down the drop starting at the mid span. He puts his ladder up on the strand and then cuts the drop. The strand starts to rock back and forth due to the released tension. He thinks that the ladder is going to fall so he jumps from 25ft up. The customer calls the ambulance then the cable company. He was fine no injuries. It turns out the only thing that stayed upright was the ladder. Another time he went to do and install in a townhouse. He needed a flat head screwdriver so he went outside and to get it. Bill has a weird twich in his right eye and a habit for carrying his tools pointing like a weapon and a funny march when he is having a deep thought. He goes opens the wrong door and scares this lady so badly that she falls back into her kitchen and her bathrobe falls open. 10 minutes later I show up on a same day QC too early and I see him outside in his truck and she has a cell phone in one hand and a butcher knife in the other. He starts to yell he is from management. Imagine me in this situation with an angry woman a knife and an idiot who created it. I ask her what is the problem from the safety of my van ,of course. She started talking in her Hickory accent so fast that I had to ask her to repeat twice. She told me and said when he realised his mistake he turned around and said Oops. She chose not to press charges and we talked she said imagine the site of this man coming into her house with a screwdriver in hand.
This is CABL.com posting #196297. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mZef
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: A lunatic on the Job shovelhead 8/14/2007 12:22:00 AM
Re: A lunatic on the Job johnmc3 8/12/2007 8:21:00 PM
Re: A lunatic on the Job DZW! 8/12/2007 12:59:00 AM