Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Wow!!!!!!!

Well Bruce, your first post was "Are there any mdu projects or retro going on in or close to the Indiana area?" That isn't allowed.

A substantial portion of the membership of this site is always looking for work and it would be impossible to allow "where is the work" type posts by everyone, especially with all the installers and sat guys now. The work can be found in the job listings and by making contacts and getting to know people on the Bar. There's a seeking work section and I'll give any regular forum participant a free ad there for the asking even if not a paid member. This system has worked well for years now.

Your beef seems to be that you weren't really looking for work. Thats great but the post still can't be allowed or else everyone would do the same thing and we'd be back to where we started. Had you just asked me I'd have found a way to get what you wanted, but you instead chose to take the dick route. As you've seen, I don't respond well to that approach.

Look, I probably started out in this biz much like you. I was given a van, some tools and gaffs and told to get it done. My path took me where I still have most of my original body parts functioning and don't need the tools and gaffs anymore, but I haven't lost an appreciation for it. You would think by keeping this site going for so long it would mean something but apparently because I eventually had to make a business out of it I'm now "the man" who spends all his time thinking up ways to screw all the good ole dawgs, in between yacht parties at least.

I know the Bar lost a part of what it used to be, and all the griping seems to be in that direction, but that's the way it has to be for it to continue on. Change is a part of life, we all have to grow up, nothing lasts forever, etc. etc. The Linemen forum was supposed to be a replacement where PC still wasn't necessary, a sort of reward for old timers, but looking at it I see it's more for bitching about how the Bar sucks now and how the "Linemen" have been put out and banished from the Bar.

If it makes everyone happy to keep bitching then keep on, I'll be out of your way now. Just know that if you have a problem with something here I can work with dawgs but not bitches.
This is CABL.com posting #195608. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mY28
Posted in reply to: Re: Wow!!!!!!! by DONE RIGHT
There are 0 replies to this message