Create your free account now! Sign up

Re:Whatever happened to line dogs??

Easy there fella..... sounds like just a little old school chat to me. No need to place a gripe on this strand....>
>
>>
>>
>>>Been married to the same linedog for 18 years. Have seen alot but am now wondering if there is anyone that actually HOOKS a pole anymore?? The ol'man is now a super and can't find one single lineman that will work anything but a bucket. Just wondering if they still exist or are the old linemen extinct ?
>>
>>>We're still here. But, your right cable construction is in a sorry state. If you can find a person to climb, they don't have pride in there work anymore. I'm working in West Virginia right now and its a wide spread problem here. We have entire crews of retro splicers working off of ladders.What the hell is that all about! I could go on about this subject for ever. I just wanted to say, YES THERE IS STILL A FEW OF US STILL OUT HERE.
>>
>In your ear dude!@45 I still climb my easement to splice unless it calls for an input loop which I can't seem to reach anymore and I DO have pride in my work. What I seem to be finding is alot of greedy people who want you to work for nothing and fly by nights that pay you when they feel like it, if they pay you at all. I have always believed in a company taking care of those who are taking care of them but that is non-existant in this day and age !! Get a grip !! You want good people then you need to put out the effort to get them and keep them and quit being so selfish, share the wealth or have you forgotten where you came from !!! Don't blame the people who make the company it's money, blame the company who will put anybody out there, experienced or not.
>SLAVERY was abolished !!!
This is CABL.com posting #19545. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mffp
Posted in reply to: Re:Whatever happened to line dogs?? by Budda
There are 0 replies to this message