Create your free account now! Sign up

Re:sweeping old style mag

You've got a tough one here. You're trying to push equipment for which it was not designed, by attempting to use Eq's that are also the wrong design. I suspect that the Engineers tried to do it on the bench and it might have worked for 1 or 2 amps in cascade but 20 28. Probably not done in the lab.
You could be deling with what is refered to as AMP signature. Every equipment Manufacturer has its own signature. Compounded over a long cascade the signatue gets worse. Which is why you use trim networks. I would recommend to see if the bump you see was part of the original sweep(hopefully there are pics). That will at least determine if the problem is AMP related or passive related i.e. Eq's etc. The problem could also be attempting to use 440 Eq's in 330 equipment attempting to get out 360. Remember EQ's don't add gain but knock down certain frequencies more than other and they temselves are not flat. They too have a signature. Let me know what you find out

>we are in the middle of a upgrade,from 330 mhz to 750mhz. but here is my problem please help. we have 330-A trunk modules but we are pushing the system to 360mhz. we are using 440 eq's and some of the trunk runs are 20 to 28 amps deep. we are getting a sag in the middle of the spectrum that is a real pain to keep out.bumpers as we call them seem to help a small amount and sometimes not at all.any suggestions can't wait till the new is here 750mhz is much easier to sweep.
This is CABL.com posting #19463. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mfd5
Posted in reply to: sweeping old style mag by guess
There are 0 replies to this message