Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Who can afford to install Dtv's DVR anymore?

It is funny to read all that is posted here. Free this and free that. Nothing is done for free the last time and every time some cx tells me that they said it is free I tell them no it isnt free. You will pay me or I will not do the install. Free second lines to the dvr no everyone I install is $40.00 no exceptions and if i have to crawl under a house to do it that is $50.00 so second line is $90.00 or hey sorry send it back here is the office number and have a good day. When you turn around to walk out the door they sing a different tune. You are a sub contractor not a employee. So you do nothing for free and if the contractor that you get work from wont back you up. Then you need to find work else where. If you dont it is your own fault that you are working for nothing in the end. There is a list somewhere of what can be charged for and the amounts why dont we all use it. Instead of doing it for free.
Phone lines is the same story. If I run a phone line it is a $50.00 charge the phone co. will charge more than that. So it is a billable item as far as Im concerned. Nothing is done for free in the contract world of work. If it cost you for the supplies then it cost the cx for the supplies to be installed in thier home.
If we would all stand together as installer and no not a union just stand up together. Then tell the ones that hold the contracts with the big co,s. That we wont work for free no more there isnt enough inhouse to do the work we do but nobody wants to stand up together anymore. Not only that but the older installers need to take and show the younger installers how to make money. How to price a job so that it payes them to install. There is money to be made in this industry. If you are willing to stand up and take it from the cx and make them pay you for the work you do for them. just my two cents worth.(usa)
This is CABL.com posting #194250. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mYHe
Posted in reply to: Re: Who can afford to install Dtv's DVR anymore? by vegassatellite
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Who can afford to install Dtv's DVR anymore? lostintx 7/11/2007 11:55:00 PM
Re: Who can afford to install Dtv's DVR anymore? Vagabond 7/11/2007 11:50:00 PM