Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: info on mastec- good/bad

It depends on if you're doing sat installs, fiber (Fios) construction, or something else. It also depends on what office you're looking to work for. They have been known to change or transfer management staff, so that could immediately end your work (as it did ours with no explanation), it could also result in severe backcharges (whether or not they are valid, and they could hit you with the backcharges years later). Their corporate offices are known for NOT returning calls, let alone even answer the phone. They promise a lot, but you won't really see the fruits of your labor because they drown you in tons of paperwork that you MUST keep copies of for several years in order to prove them wrong if necessary. They got booted out of some so Cal areas on Verizon jobs so be VERY VERY VERY cautious if you even want to deal with the potential headache.

If you are not very strong in your paperwork/organizational skills, I would really suggest working for someone else if there is work available......

I really hate to see people get messed up by this company -- they really have gone down-hill. I can't believe they have any stockholders left -- even if they are just the Mas family....
This is CABL.com posting #194146. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mYFy
Posted in reply to: info on mastec- good/bad by thomtech
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: info on mastec- good/bad cabl trash 7/12/2007 4:33:00 PM