Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Let me guess, you're working on the 4th?!

Without implicating myself directly in all that is wrong with the world of cable installation, let me just say that many times that judgment calls like this are made at the MSO, it's often after the local management pushes back and tries to make others realize the minimal short term benefits and how far outweighed they are by long term morale issues at contractor sites. Centralized division/national management is where these judgment calls are made, and they're not subject to any sort of approval process by those beneath them. In fact, most of the local management that contractors deal with day to day wouldn't even be able to identify the person that makes that sort of call; we're more stuck in the middle as the bearers of bad news... The bottom line on holiday work though is that most people that schedule for it don't realize it's a holiday when booking the job (installation work, not service) and they're thinking of it as "next Wednesday" instead of "next Wednesday, a national holiday where the last thing you want to worry about is a cable installer coming out to add a digital box between 12 & 4". In any case, our demand was low, and it took a minimum amount of techs to handle what little volume came through for the holiday. I hope they were done early enough to have a few beers and enjoy some time at home before getting back to it all on Thursday.

My two cents.

This is CABL.com posting #194113. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mYE1
Posted in reply to: Re: Let me guess, you're working on the 4th?! by sab3r
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Let me guess, you're working on the 4th?! wrogers3 7/14/2007 1:01:00 AM