Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: info on mastec- good/bad

depends on what office.........it's all about the management for that particular office......and how big a town you are working in .........never got back backcharged for missing an appt. it's all about calling the customer to let you know you are running late and going ahead and putting yourself on site once you talk to them even though you are still on your other am, there are ways to manipulate the system.....you have to beat mastec at there own game and use them for what they are worth.........again management in that particular office has a lot to do with it though........ again communication with the customer is the ultimate loophole to getting around the late backcharge.........there are some stupid backcharges for service calls but you get a lot and I mean a lot of easy service calls that pay for your stupid back charges (same amount of money for each)....which does suck, but you know good with the bad........ which leads me to the famous custom charge sheet, there is where you make your money (tax free)........ everybody wants to save a buck..........directv is going to charge you this for the pole, wallfish, tripod , on the spot check to see if you have the money in your acct. write me a check right now, etc.........or between me and you for about a half to 2/3 of what direct was going to charge you , etc............read your customer, facial expressions work real good too, are you sure you want me to drill through that hard wood floor or would you rather have wallplate right beside your electrical outlet, etc............it's easy...........40 a week for a brand new van with the a/c running constantly, gas card free phone...........van goes to the house I drive it everywhere 7 days a week if I choose, fax tech, go to the office twice a week to get supplies........print routes off line, fax in next morning.....therefor I don't have to wait to get a route.......again each office is different...........they also have a traveling team called the spot team if you don't have a family and can travel...they got it made.........go help an office catch up if they're behind and then take off somewhere else..........it's what you make of it if ......if it's a decent office...........my 2 cents worth.....been there right at a year..........10 years exp installing cable and sat...........
This is CABL.com posting #194085. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mYEz
Posted in reply to: info on mastec- good/bad by thomtech
There are 0 replies to this message