Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: sat experts ? DVR(TIVO) QUESTION

Almost all of my DTV jobs lately include DVR's, so I've been forced to come up with a way to either get pd for the DVR line or not install it. Using diplexors or splitters will not work. The most successful way I've found is:
I ask the customer how they plan to use it, 1)like a VCR to record while away, 2)they just want to stop/rewind live tv, or 3)do they wish to record one program while watching another.
If the answer is 1 or 2, I explain the DVR and give them the choice. Hardly ever do they choose the second line.
If the answer is 3, I tell them I MUST (no choice, I don't want to go back) add the second line, tell them how it will be run to be "free", and give them the more acceptable option that will cost them. Whatever they choose, I ALWAYS make them sign off on the work order copy that is sent to the work order provider.
OFCS, if your work order provider won't back you, you're screwed anyway.
Lastly: any customer who calls the company complaining about custom charges is doing so after I leave. I let the cx know "nothing the person on that phone is going to say or do will make me work for free. You will need another installer on another day." That phrase usually stops the phone call.
(wink)

This is CABL.com posting #194063. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mYEd
Posted in reply to: Re: sat experts ? DVR(TIVO) QUESTION by digger35971
There are 0 replies to this message