Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Define Attenuation/how is it calculated ?

here are good cable companies out there. At least there used to be. Even as a contractor i was invited ( possibly forced) to participate in tech training! Mostly because they didn't want inexperienced folks touching their plant. They actually got down to Phosphors and light guns, etc. etc. that would aid in trouble shooting explaining theory as they went along. Movement of electrons along a wire , resistance to flow, what you see with a cracked cable opposed to a loose p1 or p3, amperage draw for specific devices and just how far you could take it without knockin' out the whole shebang. Lotta stuff involved and attenuation deserves more than a couple of simple replys because it is a critical calculation for a system to survive. Relatively basic but nontheless critical! This bar does have a cable 101 that explains resistance and i believe that would be a proper starting point! Then i'd suggest hookin' up with an old timer that doesn't feel intimidated. Lotta folks out there that really enjoy what they do and would most likely give out more info than a average guy could handle in one sitting! Later, Mike M.
This is CABL.com posting #193100. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mYoG
Posted in reply to: Re: Define Attenuation/how is it calculated ? by cabledog
There are 0 replies to this message