Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: What about this for an immigration plan

It seems as we all watch the debate over this issue, The mind numbing garble is all that is shoveled down the gullet of the American people.

The issue isn't reforming the bill. I see the issue as ENFORCING the existing bill.

I have stated before, if you start at the source of the problem you get better handle on it. You just don't start at the bottom on this. and that is what the gov expects us to accept.
It is basicly a matter of supply and demand. cutting off the supply only makes the demand stronger and ussually more sneaky. stop the demand. Look at the final stop for these people. Who profits from it. Where does one come up with the capitol and the resources to become a coyote?
By going after the ones who profit from these illegals, you find that 9 out of 10 times they are big money. Enforce the fines. Our government has no problems going after working men and women for taxes, then they damn sure shouldn't have a problem going after big companies for fines. Garnish accounts, do what it takes to get the money. By doing this it creates the funds to build and patrol our borders.
They already have the capability to track workers. This is not new news. Enforcing the labor laws to everyone and not just the small business guy is the key.
I also think if they were to start the reward program for whistle blowers everyone could profit from it. Not only does this get more Americans involved, you will see more and more illegals turn for the dollar. How many times have people drove by a construction site(myself included) and wondered how many of the people working are legal. Out of about 10 only one speaks english? That should be a flag.
Caught driving without a DL. Why are they not prosecuted? If you break the law once you get amnesty? Now they get it twice (with the DL thing) and we (citizens) get slammed for the very same?
The question of making a better life for themselves should be answered by the following,
If I rob a bank because I need a better life, can I too get amnesty?
The mind set in which our leaders pass down is unbelievable. If a homeless person robs a grocerie store shouldn't he get amnesty?

One can only wonder, If they are willing to break the basic laws of becomming a U.S. citizen, to get what they want, what other laws are they willing to break once they do? Whats more troubling is the message our government sends by allowing this.
"Oh, you broke some laws here, But, that's alright, we'll make it all go away so you can start anew". "But you better be good from now on".

And what does this say to the people who went through the propper chanells and followed the laws? Too bad, you should have broke the laws?
This is CABL.com posting #193076. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mYoi
Posted in reply to: What about this for an immigration plan by stats
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: What about this for an immigration plan singlelasher 6/22/2007 1:00:00 AM
Re: What about this for an immigration plan fishhunter 6/21/2007 7:27:00 PM