Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: DirecTV HSP in Philadelphia?

well dont know about some of the newbies in the industry today. they think that because the hsp or some other dumb tard in the industry will give them a van and the tools and pay thier gas. that they are doing them some kind of big favor. when all that they are doing is taking all the write offs away from them and putting them in thier own pocket at the end of the year. then patting them on the back and telling them see how im helping you out and paying you a good wage to boot. they arent smart enough to understand that if you buy all your own supplies,tools, gas.and your own truck or van. that all of that is a write off at the end of the year for you the installer as long as you keep your reciepts for the tax time.
that isnt even mentioning the facts that if you install for a small co. that gives your even 65/15 that there is so much more to be made. if you take the time to do the job and sell the add ons such as pole mounts and bury the cable a few feet. not to mention the actic and crawl spce crawls that are billable items to the customer at time of install. i personally left the house today at 1:00 pm and was done with two jobs by 7:00 pm. drove about a 150 miles round trip and made 360.00 dollars for my time and trouble. i personally think that was a good days wages for two jobs and only set a total of four boxes.
but hey i guess it just depends on whether or not you know how to work smarter or hader in this industry. you take the miles i drove today at the end of the year that is a 75.00 dollar write off and the dinner that we ate at the steak house that was 25.00 dollars it is a write off because it was more than 50 mile away from home and for work. the supplies such as the cable, fittings,pole,ground block,zip ties and anything else i used on these jobs is also tax deducted at the end of the year. so we ate for free today and worked and made a good wage.
so hey if you think that a van,gas,tools, and anything that the co.s such as hsps atre going to give you are worth all that then you keep on working for them and going in the hole.

that si just my 2 cents worth but what do i know anyway im just a dumb sat installer.(usa) see ya
This is CABL.com posting #191978. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mX6A
Posted in reply to: Re: DirecTV HSP in Philadelphia? by cablemn86
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: DirecTV HSP in Philadelphia? tstids 6/10/2007 1:41:00 PM
Tax Deductions boltpack.missing 6/8/2007 7:00:00 AM