Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: $5.40 for a Reconnect????

if it's a simple reco with no last man out that's not bad. if it's like anywhere i've ever worked that will include bringing the whole job up to current spec and existing a/o's having to be re-run to get paid with just bringing up the existing coax up to spec and billing for the a/o called false billing with a chargeback and a threat. prices depend a lot on scope and whether 15 is ok or not really depends on the item description, the qc policies and what's included. i always looked at recos as something i had to do to get to the next decent job, unless it was an hsd only reco........i loved those. got the rewire which paid more than the new install because the computer was never where the tv was, got the modem, the outlet paid again because it was hsd, and there were enough hacks that i could find an excuse to replace the drop. if it was ug and under 40 feet with a sprinkler system i could throw in a bury if i had no shows or good time frames. i could turn a 1 outlet reconnect into a 90 dollar job in an hour lots of times. to make money in cable installs (here comes the name calling, i can feel it) doing a good clean install is about 30 percent of what it takes to make money. it's what you do to keep down complaints and keep the prime happy. the other 70 percent is all about working the sub, the prime, and the mso.........not always in that order. every route is either a chore or an opportunity and you have to make that decision early and be willing to change your mind late. without pissing anyone off, but never giving anything up you didn't want to. i've probably gone off on that, but i tell my prime and their rookies the same thing all the time......... it's not about what you do, it's about making everyone think that what you want is the best thing for them.
This is CABL.com posting #191444. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mXXY
Posted in reply to: Re: $5.40 for a Reconnect???? by mcnutt192
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: $5.40 for a Reconnect???? mcnutt192 6/1/2007 9:38:00 PM