Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Here here,Re: Forward sweep

This is one that I should probably leave alone, ..but it's like trying to stop peeing after starting. First can you train a sweep tech from scratch?....Yes and sometimes with a ton of knowledge about making sweep pass.... However the whole idea behind sweep is to save money on the system while optimizing response. If a sweep tech that has come up through the ranks ..Strand,Cable,Underground, Splice and has put his nose into as many aspects of the industry as he could have. He should be able to look at the plant and SEE the system going up in his mind, make an educated guess at the problem. Look down the easement and see where the underground crew may have had to make a turn to avoid an obsticle and caused a problem that has put a "hump" in your response. Do you replace the whole span or do you have it dug up and repaired. Does the terrain pose the probabilty that there would be more and a DB be recommended. A Sweep tech IS the communications link between the plant and the system. it's not about making the books pass it's about the PLANT! If you don't love finding and fixing it Please don't sweep. Your biggest high should be being able to say...I found the problem here it is and if I hadn't you would have had to replace the whole thing.........SWEEP HERO....nuff said.
CJ(loopy)
This is CABL.com posting #190066. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mXBK
Posted in reply to: Here here,Re: Forward sweep by CUTTER
There are 0 replies to this message