Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Is Dish Busy In Your Area???

it actually means new connect and service change. under dish if you are outside of warranty or upgrading or admitted to screwing things up yourself and have a good csr than the job is a service change. that can include a trouble call or an upgrade and would actually cover a dm which is a dish mover which is just a transfer unless combined with an upgrade, but all the same it's a change in service. tc's are reserved for jobs under warranty (varies depending on the last job done for the sub) and for people that refuse a warranty. dish is different than cable in that if i as a subcontractor do a new install, i am personally liable for that job for the next 12 months. we give out our local number in the form of a sticker on the back of the remote and instruct the customer to call US not the 800 number for any technical questions or problems ...........the reason being is that we are scored based on trouble calls at 50% of the aggregate, and that number directly reflects the quality of work that we recieve. if the sub is under warranty that will fall back on the contractor; a csr will not take time to troubleshoot a remote control issue and will instead schedule a tc like we burned the house down. in some ways dish is a much better gig (at least where i work) but it is also cut throat as hell.
This is CABL.com posting #190014. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mXAU
Posted in reply to: Re: Is Dish Busy In Your Area??? by Splicer Life 4me
There are 0 replies to this message