Create your free account now! Sign up

Cinco de Mayo

Wasn't gonna celebrate this event, unlike other years in my life, as any reason to celebrate in my youth was sufficiant excuse for bad behavior. But in retrospect, Cinco de Mayo is as good an excuse to crack a bottle of Mescal and chew the worm as any of the millions of reasons i've used in the past to "celebrate". Hell, Mexicans defeating the French for a whole 3 months is as good an excuse as any! If you're a member of the ex-middle class in this country, you're not much different than most Mexicans! The "elite" in their country realized the value of slave labor and also realized that a country of slave laborers didn't need those slaves to also be consumers of the products that slavery produced! More than enough consumers with money to purchase their goods! Kinda like what's going on in this country, don't ya think?! When your leaders stand up and say they can't compete therefore they need to send their biz over seas and the only way you will be entitled to a decent life for your family is to become a scientist/mathematician and event something new, of course giving them the rights to capitalize on your invention for a meager percentage of the profits, don't you think it's time to kick a little butt and redistribute the wealth? Kinda like a Mexican?!! Think i'll just crack open that bottle of Mescal bite down on that worm and let his little head full of concentrated Mescal guts explode in my brain! Any one got any salt? How bout some lemon? Later, Mike M.
This is CABL.com posting #189998. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mXAE
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Cinco de Mayo 1brikshyvtwin 5/5/2007 9:38:00 PM
Re: Cinco de Mayo voices 5/5/2007 8:45:00 PM