Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: km systems lost contract after 20 years of ser

not sure if ocean is still around, but lippincott sold out to some national company. apparently comcast only wants employee based contractors. when you say km was a bad company, what did you mean. i had the unfortunate experience of going through 6 outfits in my time. never been fired but all had there contracts pulled for one reason or another. km had just as many hacks as anybody else. truth be told, i probably wouldn't let half those guys in my house! but from a company stand point, i think they were the best out of all.

couple of + points. they always paid what you billed (if legal) and on time. no one ever got back charged unless it was more than deserved. if you needed time off, they wouldn't give much of a hard time and you always had a job when you got back. if you showed up at 8:15 you still had work waiting for you. there were no politics, really all that was asked of you is to show up everyday and do clean work. you never had to deal with mid level pencil pushers. the supervisors were willing to help, and the owner after 20 years was still seen from time to time climbing poles.

now the negative sides, and why they were probably pulled. they were the anti corp. no uniform, no standard truck, no background or drug tests. it was about 6 months before i signed anything. one time a guy showed up with his ladder tied to the roof of his 89 mustang and was still given work.

with all that said i think many would agree that it was an experienced cable guys heaven. good techs were given great paying work. absolutely no bull**** to deal with. how many outfits can say that. please let me know
This is CABL.com posting #189790. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mXxi
There are 0 replies to this message