Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Freaking Thieves...

Back in 98-99 I was doing long haul for Level(3). We left 2 splicing trailers on site where a regend would eventualy be built (remote office) We were doing our bare fiber testing and was going run into the next day so we left them there overnight. Came back the next morning to find 3 generators and 1 roofair gone. Had to plead to get law enforcement involved. We had a perfect handprint on the side of one trailer. About one week later they caught the guy, hand print matched, they also conected him to 18 other job sites. When we tried to get our equipment back they would only release it if we could prove it was ours. No serial#, no generator. I couldn't believe it. Well, I have been unscathed since then up until about 6 weeks ago. The crackheads got me down in Douglasville, Ga. They broke into my T box and got about $1500.00 worth of stuff. Yes, they got my drill too. They tried to get into my trailer but failed. Some other guys got hit a lot worse than me. I wish you could rig up some kind of door handle/stun gun combination.
This is CABL.com posting #189761. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mXwP
Posted in reply to: Re: Freaking Thieves... by dsatelitmn
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Freaking Thieves... lookinatmyfeet 5/1/2007 7:17:00 PM
Re: Freaking Thieves... deleted 5/1/2007 11:30:00 AM