Create your free account now! Sign up

km systems lost contract after 20 years of service

Ive been contracting for comcast for 10 years now. The last three years ive been with the last mom and pop shop in jersey. outfits here seem to come and go, national companies have been moving in for awhile , but km seemed to hang in there. until now. all work for at least south jersey, will be handled by national outfits. amtec,cablenet,prince,and vitel. im having alot of trouble understanding the benefit of only using these companies. isnt this just one more argument for the irs and department of labor to call us "comcast co employees". my books have been looked at 4 times in 10 years by d.o.l and irs because i filed 1099. now im going to amtec and i will be filling 1040. all these years ive been told not to use the name "comcast" on the job because im not affiliated with them. now all the sudden i will be driving with there emblem on the truck and acting as if i work for comcast. when did the national companies get the ok to use comcast propaganda and regular mom and pop contracts still cant?
This is CABL.com posting #189676. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mXvs
There are 4 replies to this message