Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Note to all cable guy wanna be's

When i first stated in this industry (over 30 years ago) i had a degree in hand Busi admin/ acctg. Which meant i could get a job as a bookkeeper! Coming from a family of tradesmen, i figured learning a trade and persuing my own biz would be the way to go to achieve my goals. The idea wasn't to get rich but rather to give my family a decent life and home maybe a little better than the average bear. Lot of ups and downs over the years! Some were my fault (good and bad) some were beyond my control. The downs hit hard when they hit and not being a man of "extra" capital, it took some doin' to keep in the game. I'm not a quitter by any means. 30 plus years of learning and keeping up with the various technological changes was tough but, hey, nothing worth while is ever easy (at least not for me). What are we looking at now? It's a joke! No qualifications necessary! Must supply own KY Jelly! Company will supply at three times the cost! Because of my biz education i was aware of just how badly i was takin' it in the shorts, but when you have a family to feed, you do what ya gotta do! Well, eventually you gotta give up and persue other avenues! For an "old guy" like me with a young family it's a little tough but they aren't kickin' dirt over me yet. Guess i don't have a point here. What i do have is a crap load of mighty expensive tools that used to pay for themselves that are basically collecting dust. Cimbing gear, coring tools from damn near every system in the country, expensive meters (basically obsolete because i can't get an accurate QAM reading. $1200 dollar meter that micro stealth ncan't upgrade cheaper than buying a new meter,drills, torches ,etc. etc. etc. I look at the posts on this board from new guys and old guys and all i can do is shake my head and move on. Damn, depressing conversation for a Sunday! Ha! Good luck to ya, brother! Can't keep a good man down!!! Later, Mike M.
This is CABL.com posting #189172. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mXnk
Posted in reply to: Re: Note to all cable guy wanna be's by Trey9007
There are 0 replies to this message