Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Note to all cable guy wanna be's

there is a lot of good advice here in the posts for you doug95. i started as an installer green as a a dollar bill. i remember my first month or better. i only saw my home in the dark out the door by 6:00 and not home till 9:00 or later. my first paycheck in the cable business was 780.00 from a six day week with at least 10 hours per day . most days more...a lot more. since then i have made up to 2300.00. this is all per week. your weekly will fluctuate., but if you can't nail 1200.00 consistently you are going backwards. you are not getting paid by the hour now. when you are done with a job don't sit and wait.....no one else is. call your manager, call other techs, find out who wants to give up a job. your manager if he is smart will not load you down green. with qc's and time frames his contract won't allow him to. however if you are calling him after all these "15 min jobs" to tell him you want more it should come. at this point you seem quiet and not motivated to your manager and therefore you will never get the "good jobs". its not so much your experience, but what can you get done while meeting qc standards, low roll backs and no customer issues. and when you start getting the "good jobs" remember provide good service as fast as you can and the rest should fall into place.
This is CABL.com posting #189148. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mXmW
Posted in reply to: Re: Note to all cable guy wanna be's by lostintx
There are 0 replies to this message