Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Slow Connection Speeds

i typed lol, but when i re-read your post i got pissed. not to knock in-house installers, but has no one ever taken the time to explain spec to them? it blows me away, i get to a job that was obviouisly done by in house (the materials are easily recognized) and you can tell the guy spent a lot of time doing it, but it's JUST COMPLETELY WRONG! it drives me crazy. and the splices are just a part of it. seems that on every dish they have about 2 feet of cable from the polar arm and then a splice. they are obviously using that to peak and then they run cable..........like they don't know that's wrong, and it wouldn't be just as easy to either peak with a jumper long enough to hit the g/b or to do what i do and keep a 5 foot jumper on the meter (so as not to wear out the barrels on the meter) and pull that off and then run your cable when it's locked down. un-effin-believable what some people just don't get. NO SPLICES BEFORE THE GROUND BLOCK. EVER. CABLE, SAT, SAME RULE. if you didn't know that, now you do.

sorry, but i've had to re-wire several jobs in the last few weeks because of this reason.
This is CABL.com posting #189027. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mXkZ
Posted in reply to: Re: Slow Connection Speeds by cablemn86
There are 0 replies to this message