Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Whats Up With That???? Rule of Thumb !!

I have a certain rule of thumb so to call it . Before I ever go anywhere to contract from anyone , I want a contract , and a price sheet , and phone #'s to some other subs affiliated with them . I always call and ask 50 million questions as to the scope of work . I then call the construction manager of the mother company and ask about the relationship between them and the contractor and the mother company. I usually do this behind the contractors back. You might say , where do you get the phone # to the mother company? I get the # from the cable yellow pages under systems by state. Hindsight is always 20/20 and I'm still learning after nearly 30 yrs in the biz . I even learned a new lesson last year , as hard as that was to believe , in this biz you got to cover your(moon) at all times . I can count the # of companies I trust on one hand . Such is life though , thats the biz.
(usa) "WHITFIELD" (sunny)
I'd rather live my life believeing there is God and die to find out their isn't . Than to live my life as if their wasn't God and die to find out there is ! WHITFIELD
This is CABL.com posting #188645. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mXeP
Posted in reply to: Whats Up With That???? by satbdone
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Whats Up With That???? Rule of Thumb !! cabledog 4/13/2007 8:34:00 PM
Re: Whats Up With That???? Rule of Thumb !! Quester 4/13/2007 6:42:00 PM