Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Can't Find A Job

I mentioned UNITE & the SEIU only to show examples of liberal orgs who support amnesty. I should have added some examples of labor orgs that are against amnesty. A litearary mistake...LOL... I was just trying to show how wrong it is to say that all libs are for amnesty and that opinions vary with-in both sides.

You mention being thrown off a job site just because youre trying to make a living. Most of the time when this happens somone is violating a contract, which is the law of that job site. Those guys are doing nothing more than trying to protect their wages by stoping people from doing their work for less money. They have a signed contract with a company, which is a legal document. Is it wrong for them to expect the contract to be followed?

This is no different from what non-union workers are trying to do with the illegals. You want the laws of the land to be obeyed, the union wants the laws of the jobsite obeyed. Illegals and/or legal citizens may not agree with our laws, but it is the law of the land and illegals and legals should be expected to obey them. You, or some union members,may not agree with the contract that the union has with a company on jobsite but it is a legal contract and the company should be expected to follow it, just as the union should be expected to follow it. Although anger is displayed at you, the union goes after the company who is real culprit for allowing you there. You will pay no peanlty for being there, but the company will pay the price for sneaking you in. And remember these are the same rules used to keep illegals out.

Unfortunately we display anger towards illegal , but do very little about the people who are inviting them here.

We cant pick & choose the laws we will follow. I hate what the Chamber stands for, but I do respect them because they go about getting what they want the right way. They fight for change, legally. If youre an American that doesnt like our immigration, fight to get the changes you want legally. Dont break the law and just sneak people in.

If you are an American worker that doesnt agree with laws that allows unions to bargain union security clauses, fight to get them changed. Dont help a company violate a contract and sneak in at night to do the work. Havent we learned that after they get you to cut the throat of the union worker, they will cut your throat and try to get cheap illeagals legalized. Youre doing no one a favor but them.

FYI, the number one reasons illegals say they break the law and sneak in is, to put food on the table at home. IMO, thats not a good enough excuse for them or a legal citizen to break the law, or for someone to help a company to break the law.
This is CABL.com posting #188345. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mW9Z
Posted in reply to: Re: Can't Find A Job by messenger
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Can't Find A Job messenger 4/8/2007 6:09:00 PM