Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Can't Find A Job

I dont think Im neither. But most people would say Im a lib, and Im against amnesty. I dont think any open minded person can always be a lib or conservative. If people would just think for themselves, you wouldnt have people thinking that only, or even all, libs are fighting for amnesty. Some libs dont want it, and some conservatives do want it. I stay pretty informed on this and other related topics. I see and read about things on this topic that for whatever dont make the news. IMO, immigration laws are fine the way they are now. They just need to be enforced.

Bill Gates, a conservative, went in front of Congress a few weeks ago. He is asking for the government to allow 300K more H1b visas in the IT industry. We all know the IT bust has left many many IT professionals un-employed and under-employed. But yet he still wants to bring in 300K foriegn workers in.

SEIU and UNITE are 2 very large and liberal labor unions. They have a large # of hispanic members. These orgs represent workers in the industrys that will be impacted the most by immigration reform. They feel that if illegals are legalized and have rights, they will exercise them to get good wages. They feel illegals only accept the sh*t wages because they have no choice. They feel that once legalized and given a choice that the immigrants will fight for better wages. SEIU & UNITE members are the highest paid in their industrys and are closely tied with the immigrants. I think they are in a good position to know what illegals will do if legalized. I think their assumption may be correct and illegals will fight for good wages and not bring down wages. But IMO, this still is not a good enough reason for amnesty. Its a good one, but not good enough.

The US Chamber of Commerce, a conservative group, is for amnesty for illegal workers. This groups members is filled will corps who stand to save alot of money if they are able to get these people in the country legally, like the big resteraunt company association. This is the same group that was outraged when the government raised the min wage amount for the first time in about a decade. Although the SEIU and UNITE feel these workers will fight for fair wages. The Commerce feels that the American worker is proof that when faced with the option of fighting or accepting crumbs, a worker no matter what country they are from, will not fight and accept crumbs. The Chamber's approach on this topic has a been two phase approach. Phase I - weaken American labor laws which the Bush led NLRB has done. Weak labor laws give the workers no hope and therefore makes it more likely the workers will not fight. Phase II Once laws are weaken, flood the labor market with workers who may feel low wages are good enough. Mexicans fit that mold because our low wages are still considerd high in their country. Theyve completed phase-I and are moving to complete phase II.

Then you have the bleeding heart libs. They think too much with their hearts and not their brains, IMO. I pretty much just ignore them..

This is CABL.com posting #188335. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mW9P
Posted in reply to: Re: Can't Find A Job by messenger
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Can't Find A Job messenger 4/8/2007 1:48:00 PM