Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: disability help

http://depositionreporters.com/State_Employment_Laws.htm#ga Check that link out. Depending on your state you may be covered by MSO and prime. Its kind of a shame though your getting to keep 10 to 30% of the pay that should be paid out for that kind of insurance if you want the prime to be liable. I offer it to my guys as an option in the states it can be waived(legal binding document = no bs). Where it cant be waived it is mandatory and its not cheap by any means. As soon as you make a claim it will probably hit your coworkers pockets. A friend of mine just had 6% increase due to his claims. Guess who pays the new premiums? If you are singing up to be self employed then its up to you to take care of yourself. Take that ten percent one week of the month and go buy some ins + aflac so you can put 10% the other 3 weeks in your pocket. Workmans Comp on yourself is very expensive and not easy to get. Its not practical in this line of work the points are ridiculous for IC. Perhaps look into alternative policies. Contractors have a good name for not filing claims. Typically inhouse guys wear it out thats a major + in any business. A friend of mine sprained his ankle(fell from ladder) and called in sick for 2 weeks all the while laid up in a motel room. He was scared he would get fired for making the claim lol. I had to let him know thats what nine percent of his check was disappearing to. He still would not file the claim. So check the state you were working in and then you have to decide if you want to hold someone accountable for what happened. I have seen hardline held up with J hooks and if it had taken me to the ground with it I would have sued everyone that touched it. On the other hand if it was my fault then I guess I would eat the down time and find the local soup kitchens.
GO VOLS!!!!
This is CABL.com posting #187281. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mWSP
Posted in reply to: disability help by bigtima
There are 0 replies to this message