Create your free account now! Sign up

Knight Enterprises

Since ther seemed to be alot of bickering on here from all sides, about Knight losing the contract in Orlando, i took it upon myself to make a few calls to people i know from both sides to get the complete story. The real issue here is that there is no "real" issue. Knight as everyone knows,was asked to go to Orlando to help assist with a "stagnant contractor workforce". This was done by upper management who did not consult with middle mgmnt. who in turn became upset. This set a tone for a rocky relationship. Then there was a further complication when K/e mgmnt questioned some of the policies that B/h mgmnt had. Whether knight was right or wrong doesnt matter, it made the relationship worse. Then k/e hired the assistant of the same b/h mgr that they already had a problem with, and that made things even worse. All this time that the relationship in one region was deteriorating, things in the 2nd region were fine. Then k/e was going to hire the supervisor under this same mgr but k/e backed out of hiring him so as to not further damage the already brittle marriage that they had with this one mgr. Well, it angered the supervisor that they snubbed him and he in turn was no longer a fan of k/e. so now they had a supervisor and a mgr in this region who were not very happy with them. One thing after another and it finally led to b/h trying to implement rules for knight to use on their techs that were in clear violation of the laws of subcontractorship. B/h gave an option to which knight opted out of but refused to quit so they in turn released them of their contract due to "downsizing of contractor workforce". This seems to be fine with knight as they have other plans for their Orlando Operation and seem to have an impresive following as their work force is moving to the Tampa Bay Division to work in their new contract they just started there. As for the post on here that K/e did a poor job in CFL, that seems to be unfounded as the reports all put them near the top of a large contractor workforce. Knight is dominant in Tampa which ranks consistantly in the top 1 or 2 in all of B/H systems countrywideso it would seem odd that they did poorly in the CFL div which ranks very low within B/H countrywide. Knight's problem was that they tried to force the ways of Tampa into CFL in attempt to make some positive changes but these changes were not wanted or accepted.Now they return to Tampa with yet another contract there and are starting it with an ALL ORLANDO WORKFORCE. That is a true sign of success...to have a group that loyal. They have even begun to hire from other contractors in CFL to work in Tampa. The fact is that there are people within B/H that dont want to see knight go and this has been made evident recently. The politics in this situation are crystal clear but all you people on here in support of knight have to realize that there is no need for the bickering as this was as much knights decision as it was certain people at B/H. Knight had a choice, and they opted to keep doing busines their way. They are now stronger in Tampa and have large venture that will be starting in Orlando in the not too distant future. I for one wish them luck as i have always admired their unselfish business practices and policy that the tech comes first. stay tuned, theres lots to come.
This is CABL.com posting #186909. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mWMP
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: Knight Enterprises KnLifeight 3/13/2007 5:51:00 PM
Re: Knight Enterprises 900mhz 3/13/2007 11:59:00 AM
Re: Knight Enterprises kablegod 3/13/2007 11:52:00 AM