Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: audit tell me if im off base

It sounds like its a sales audit. Whereas if you didn't know this but most of the audit budgets come from marketing. If that is the case then consider yourself lucky to get paid to look for U/As, check grounds, check sats, and add addresses so their in house or another sales team rolls back on your turf. Sometimes if the planets line up you get homes passed sales audit. The problem is people think its all about the technical work. Therein lies the problem its about the sales/ua's ratios. Bottom line end of story. They may qc you to do death but any rookie out there can do audits. Sales are a different story. Look at the sales jobs posted. Most don't pay for auditing, you do it for free and make more money on the sales. Some larger systems intermix the 2 and the technical guy that doesn't know how to make sales gets screwed. Often you have a sales company that doesn't know much on the technical side bidding these audits(they agree to stupid scope of work from the mso, ex. tagging all the discos). To them its just gravy money for their techs. Most systems you should be able to do at least 150 audits a day if your not hung over or cracked up till late in the night. I have done them and I know audits are easy money and 2.00 is not bad if you can do 150 a day. $300 bucks a day for a job a monkey could do cmon. No drilling, crawling in attics, no canceled jobs, no need for stealth 5k meter or bucket truck. It would be nice if everyone could make 2k a week to do stupid work. I have seen guys do 300 audits/day so if you think you cannot make money at 2 bucks then you need to find a different line of work. I have seen the pay go down gradually in that area but its due to the emphasis on sales. Probably more so just that it stays the same. MSO's caught on that you don't need a rocket scientists to do these audits(they actually in some larger systems hired in house auditors). A pair of binoculars, a ladder, and a terminating tool. Cmon you want to get paid like a phd then go get one or learn something more valuable like fiber splicing or sweeping. Just like in anything there are jobs out there that you have to work harder for your money. Audits are slowing down in this business and they are getting tougher to do(QC's). So many guys out there willing to do the audit for free because they make money off just doing sales. I have seen audits for .20 up to 4.00 so its nothing new and 2.00 is the avg range and it been there for some time. This business has more crybabies in it than any other. It has to be the great number of druggies out there paranoid someone is getting over on them. If I could make the same money digging ditches I would just to get out. To the best of my knowledge I don't know any of the individuals that posted on this subject. If a job doesn't suit ya just leave you never know when that guy is going to get the gravy.
Later
This is CABL.com posting #186793. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mWKX
Posted in reply to: Re: audit tell me if im off base by callmegood
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: audit tell me if im off base sumahit 3/10/2007 9:32:00 PM