Create your free account now! Sign up

Re:Broadband technologies: BEWARE Bogus Backcharges

Wayne Traywick, the roll-off was caused by you not balancing the forward correctly. I have been sweeping since you left and have discovered that there are ways of tweeking that bad response from the forward sweeps. The return in ALL of the plant that you swept has to be redone. It does not have unity-gain and it is NOT a 1 amp fix. Every motherboard in the system has different loses. You have to inject through the board to get the answer to the equation TP+R=Injection. That is the reason that we cannot fix this problem sweeping 1 amp and expecting the rest to fall in...you used one number (R) for lose in the board...they are all different. You knew this but chose to do it your way. If I wanted easy money I sure wouldn't try to get it resweeping the plant that you swept...I would rather sweep plant that hadn't been touched by you....that would be WAY easier. You are lucky that we can't backcharge you for everything. We can't because we have already paid you for most of it.
Do not call me at home and if you do, don't hang up on my wife. Don't call me on the weekends because I am a family man and wish to have that time with them. And I thought it was very rude of you to call me on Father's day. Have some respect and I hope that you have learned something from all of this. I hope that you learned that having a bad temper and being a hypocrite gets you nowhere.
God Bless and Good Luck on your next venture.

Allen

>Hi Mitch. I got your backcharge from your project manager Allen Reese, or your ex project manager. I tried calling you to no prevail. Anyway, I would like to dicuss this issue with you. As you know we were told to set up our amps to certain levels 32 high/32low. However, there was a high end roll off on my end by roughly 7 dbs due to something wrong at the head end. After, I had swept 60 or 70 amps in this big hub, I saw a tech from Cox Cable in my amps. He told me that he had gone to most of my trunk amps to set them up to compensate for that high end roll off created by the headend. So your project manager and Cox were notified about an employyee being inside of most of my trunk amps. Cox admitted that no one should have been inside of my amps, and Carl spent one day going back to some of my trunk amps ressetting the levels due to a Cox employee. After I left Allen tells my ex-employee Keith that because my levels at my amps were not correct that all of my amps had to be reswept. Keith (all this according to him) reminded him of the fact that Cox had to reset my amps to different levels due to a problem from the head-end. I think that Allen was looking for an easy way to make money. You know the trust factor I was telling you about your project manager. The next thing I know, I recieve a letter from you informing me that Allen had to resweep 4 of my amps due to a motherboard not having the correct internal loss as Cox told me that it had for that kind of amp. Well, I again think this was another attempt from that one specefic guy to make money the easy way. Let us examine the facts. That one amp 344, I told Allen Reese that somehting was wrong at that location. I told him on one side of the amp, I was either 4 or 5 dbs off from having unity gain on the reverse. He sent Carl out, an employyee of Cox. He teseted both amps a and b and said that one side had the correct internal loss as given to me by Cox but the other side did not. He told me to inject 5 more dbs to compensate for the higher internal loss at that one amp, so I did. Well, about one month later You send me a backcharge for $1,147.00 telling me that the mother board through loss was not calculated correctly. Well, again Cox calculated that loss on that motherboard and told me what to use. I wash my hands from it. On the other hand, assuming if it was my fault, which is denied, redoing that amp and the next one down would have established unity gain. The next two amps would have fallen right into place (at least in theory and from my experience in the field) Indeed, I got backcharged for 4 amps which two of them should not have had unity gain problems. I contend this was an attempt for someone to make some easy money. Also, while I got your attention, isn't it so that the other contractor that you had working for you did not recieve a dime from you but he has invoiced you for over $50,000? Is that a result of Allen the same man whom I contend is ripping me off $1,200.00? I do not know, but please do inform me
>
>Thanks.
This is CABL.com posting #18676. Tiny Link: cabl.co/me1o
Posted in reply to: Broadband technologies: BEWARE Bogus Backcharges by traycomm
There are 0 replies to this message