Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Cm-1000

dejo4340 wrote:

Has anyone else had an issue with their MER readings from a CM-1000. I sent my CM-1000 to sunrise for repair and calibration due it giving me reading 5 dB lower then expected. I tested it in comparison with 2 different (1 new) DSP860's. I sent it to Sunrise for repair and calibration and now it gives me readings 4 dB lower than expected. Any insight?

Hi Dejo -

What are you getting on the 860 vs the CM1000? The CM1000 as a max range of 21-35MER. We use both types of meters and I haven't heard anyone complain about that problem. I could compare the 2 to see what I get.

My DSP reads 35MER it's an older meter and when I compare that to a brand new DSP I get a 38MER. The dynamic range of those meters(CM vs DSP) are different along with the way they compute the MER reading. As a matter of fact the older DSP process is different than the new ones.

Not to go on about the DSP, but we are upgrading all of our older DSP's with a new chip(advance digital processor). When you go into the MER/BER reading if you see a Pre ABER reading that is average BER and will not pick up all errors.

Sorry for the extra info, but I thought it was something to think about.

This is CABL.com posting #186726. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mWJS
Posted in reply to: Re: Cm-1000 by dejo4340
There are 0 replies to this message