Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Why ?

Balistic 1
If you have to ask...just hang around. Here is what I saw in a few weeks at one DTV / Mastec installation office in Maryland. Just a taste...
"You new people need to know that when the dumpster has black plastic around it corporate has not paid the trash company. You cannot use the dumpster. Know that the zebra stripes on those boxes we just gave you will tell us who threw trash around here."
" Look, the ad said 'experienced'...go work for a cable company for a few weeks...we are too busy to train anyone'."
" Sir thank you for closing those jobs but I have to cut your line. I am not allowed to close more than three jobs per installer call."
" Yes I know the work came out late......do your best.....we cant move all the jobs to the PM just because it will take you an hour to get to the first cx.....I'll take care of you"
"Well, the charge backs are because there was no call or tech arrival during the designated time...........yes I heard the jobs came out late......you signed the contract..I got another call......click"
Every day was a learning experience. Know that Advanced Technology is the MASTEC satellite division.
Even though we explain the dangers of working out here on the ranch there is always someone who needs to piss on the electric fence......Go for it!

Joe

(roll)
This is CABL.com posting #186560. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mWHc
Posted in reply to: Why ? by ballistic1
There are 0 replies to this message