Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: cable spy

I"m curious Ken. As a project manager, do you have your field supervisors take photo's of "failed jobs" or maybe even go so far as to videotape the tech's errors and then show the corrective steps taken so you can coach the other techs? ... or ... Do you just take the supv. word and start the back-charging? I'd love to know. You seem to think you're running a successful operation there in N.O.LA and maybe there's a good business practice we can all learn from you when it comes to the QC process.

So which is it? ............. Indisputable proof in the form of a photograph or video tape? ... or ... Arbitrary back-charging in hopes that the techs are not smart enough to contact one of the 51 Regional Information Officers of the National Labor Relations Board and start an investigation into bad labor practices? ( www.NRLB.ORG)

Sure hope it's not the latter of the two. 'Cause god knows how much time those pesky investigations can take up, not to mention their officers sitting in your store for over a week taking up valuable desk space while they sift through all those payroll records of not just the two original techs that started the whole investigation, but they sift through ALL of your former and current employee records for the past 5 years .....just looking for anomalies in your labor practices. Sure would hate to see you tied up for two weeks like that and then get handed a judges order to pay the back pay AND pay a $100,000 fine for violating Federal Labor Laws.

I've quit a couple shops that had to go through all that crap. I find it hard to work for a company that gets caught ripping me off. It's a TRUST issue. I'm sure most here can relate to NOT TRUSTING THE SCUMBAGS that run those types of operations.

2-Pennies

RadioMan
This is CABL.com posting #186484. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mWFY
Posted in reply to: Re: cable spy by CATVKEN
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: cable spy Las Vegas Cable 3/6/2007 12:40:00 AM