Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: sub rates highest paid????

Does anybody know the meaning of "circle jerk" ? Thats what so many of these threads sound like to me.....Nothing more than wishful thinking or ranting. The MSO's are constantly finding a way to get free installs and lowering prices is one way. Low prices mean no talent installers getting charged back for poor installs that in most cases the MSO doesn't bother fixing unless the sub is not getting service at all, and even then it's just a bandage to get the sub up and running cause all the grunt work got performed gratis via charge backs.
How do you change what you get paid ? don't work for miscreant cable pimps who think they deserve 50% or more of the money that your labor, years of experience, tools, van, gas, GL ins., etc. produce, and then wait 5 or more weeks to hopefully see one week of pay thats hopefully correct and not eaten up by "retainage".
Just say no and walk away. Either that POS will go under or realize that maybe you are worth contracting and pay you what you need to earn a decent living.
If you are indeed a contractor start setting forth the rates you need to get for your time. If the pimps just want to hire no talent hacks and get booted from one system to the next then let them have at it. Me ? I know what I'm worth, and if I can't get it then it's time to take my talent into doing something thats going to pay me. I've got my low voltage and commercial Ins. now and can easily start going after pre or custom wiring. Been thinking about it more and more each day I see the sad state of affairs in this biz.
This is CABL.com posting #186016. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mWyq
Posted in reply to: sub rates highest paid???? by wgcalls
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: what is up with Sacramento direct man 2/28/2007 7:01:00 PM
Re: sub rates highest paid???? panhead 2/26/2007 9:03:00 PM