Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: U.S. Chamber of Commerce

Yea, I know. They also are the biggest advocates for:

1. Ouutsourcing. The members of this org hold some of the biggest outsourcing contracts in the country. They also BOAST they have an office in China.

2. Overtime reform. They were the biggest proponents of Bush's new overtime bill. Millions of workers lost OT rights. Including some of our cable buddies.

3. Min Wage increase. They fought like hell to stop it.

4. H1B visa program. They are pushing to increase the number of visas they are allowed to issue. I guess they feel they want the immigration reform to fill the positions American dont want, and issue H1B visas for the jobs we do want. Where does that leave us?

5. Employee Free Choice Act. They are fighting this bill. Although, they have realized the good that comes out of being united, they dont wany their employees to realize the same. I wonder why?

Its because of these and a few other reasons I have always argued that illegals are the least of our worries. If this org is able to push their agenda through, it will do a 1000's times more damage. The amount of damage illegals do to the American worker compared to this organization is minimal.
But with everyones attention being on the illegals, this org has been able to push parts of their agenda through with very little opposition.

Yes, illegals are bad for American workers, but they're SAINTS compared to this org.
This is CABL.com posting #185748. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mWt6
Posted in reply to: Re: U.S. Chamber of Commerce by Clean Splice
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: U.S. Chamber of Commerce Trey9007 2/25/2007 6:36:00 PM
Re: U.S. Chamber of Commerce Clean Splice 2/22/2007 10:17:00 AM
Re: U.S. Chamber of Commerce Wife of a cable guy 2/21/2007 7:27:00 AM